Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Some possible improvements in LimeReport  (Read 2323 times)

merabi

• View Profile
Some possible improvements in LimeReport
« on: September 06, 2019, 03:25:10 PM »
Hi.
Using lime reports I have noticed some points which does not affect the achieved result but can improve user experience. I hope they can be included in future releases of LimeReport.

• In preview dialog there is an zoom percentage Combo Box. The problem is that its value does not correspond real zoom level of report. For example the report of size A4 in 100% is shown much bigger then real A4 paper size is.
  • In design mode there is an item alignment buttons on the toolbar. They help align items on the report. It will be useful if we have option to align relative to page margins.
  • If i use group functions nested in number format and set Auto Height on then resulting height is much bigger then is necessary to show the result.
This is the typical code with the issue described in third item:
Code: [Select]
$S{numberFormat($S{SUM($D{datasource.დავალიანება}, "DataBand1")}, "f", 2, "")}  I have attached example images showing differences.

Arin Alex

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Some possible improvements in LimeReport
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 09:37:05 PM »
Hi!

1. In preview dialog there is an zoom percentage Combo Box. The problem is that its value does not correspond real zoom level of report. For example the report of size A4 in 100% is shown much bigger then real A4 paper size is
I will think about it. As for me the size in display pixels is a kind of abstraction :)

In design mode there is an item alignment buttons on the toolbar. They help align items on the report. It will be useful if we have option to align relative to page margins.
It is needed to be explained in more details i really can't imagine how it should work :)

If i use group functions nested in number format and set Auto Height on then resulting height is much bigger then is necessary to show the result.
Fixed (version 1.5.10)

merabi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 04:44:11 PM »
Hi Alex. Thank for quick response.
In design mode there is an item alignment buttons on the toolbar. They help align items on the report. It will be useful if we have option to align relative to page margins.
It is needed to be explained in more details i really can't imagine how it should work :)
If I select band and some items too and now if I use either Align to left or Align to right buttons on the toolbar then items are aligned to the edge of page and some part of items are hidden. It will be good if we have an option like Align across margins and when this option is on items will be aligned at page margins instead of page edges. I have included images showing what we have and what is expected behavior. In first image you notice some clipping at right edge.   
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:47:26 PM by merabi »

Arin Alex

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 07:25:33 PM »
Ok, I understand what do you mean. I will think about it. 

Arin Alex

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 10:59:44 PM »
Hi again :)
I have changed the alignment tools (ver 1.5.12) you can check it

merabi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 12:46:06 PM »