Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: the data sources to be dynamically allocation  (Read 1263 times)

plehmz

• View Profile
the data sources to be dynamically allocation
« on: June 20, 2024, 02:00:29 PM »
if datasources are dynamically created every time, this means, the app created by QT c++ user may create n tables, and export to the lime report by IDataSourceManager::addModel(const QString& name, QAbstractItemModel *model, bool owned) command. I want the data sources to be dynamically allocated. is it possible?

Arin Alex

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: the data sources to be dynamically allocation
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2024, 09:28:16 PM »
I don’t fully understand what you want to achieve; when you register a data source, you just indicate where to get the data from. When you call report generation, this data will be used in the form in which it is in the data source

Subst

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2024, 03:02:22 AM »
really, we are discussed about with Alex and we can't undestood, what you want at all.
are U want to change data in complete report according to dynamically change of your data??

plehmz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2024, 09:57:53 AM »
Subst, Hello, for example in the app created n amount of tables and transform them into the QTStandardItemModel list, so there are also n quantity models, when I use LimeReport::ReportEngine *report=new LimeReport::ReportEngine; List<QStandardItemModel> models. for(int i=0; i<models.size();++i){
   report->dataManager()->addModel("model_"+QString::number(i), models, true);
}
then report->designReport(); or report->previewReport(); methods called,when report->designReport(); this method called , Lime Designer app opens, and in the left side of the designer, there is datasource panel, I can see there my added models,  here is my question,  how to display or place the data sources dynamically in the report page, because as I told models quantity is unlimited, 1 to ... n may be

Arin Alex

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2024, 01:18:14 PM »
plehmz As far as I understand, you need dynamic adding of bands for each datasource, but unfortunately this option is not available in the generator at the moment