Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Report text translations  (Read 8304 times)

alonsomm2000

• View Profile
Report text translations
« on: August 18, 2018, 02:54:16 PM »
Dear,
     Alex

Greetings and thanks for such a great tools as is Limereport, I need to translate some text fields in reports but current oficial version 1.4.7 does not have that feature, I found you mention in https://github.com/fralx/LimeReport/issues/62  a developer version that includes that feature, so I download it and test it, wow translations work great ;) and very easy to do, great job, now is this version stable enough for production?

Regards,
        Luis Murillo.

alonsomm2000

• View Profile
Re: Report text translations
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 04:01:04 PM »
I also found that the following things are not working:

currencyUSBasedFormat(Number, "currencysymbol") Shows number but not symbol

Barcode shows in Designer but does not show in Preview, instead shows: Error 205: No input data

This last error seems to happen on previous versions too, can you please tell me what is causing bar code not show?

Regards,
        Luis Murillo.

alonsomm2000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 06:16:45 PM »
Barcode does work as long as you enter something in Content field, sorry  :-[ I was entering values in Test value field!

I also found that the following things are not working:

Barcode shows in Designer but does not show in Preview, instead shows: Error 205: No input data

This last error seems to happen on previous versions too, can you please tell me what is causing bar code not show?

Regards,
        Luis Murillo.

Arin Alex

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 11:10:50 PM »
Hi.
I have fixed the problem
now is this version stable enough for production?
Yes it's stable enough in my opinion :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 11:49:16 PM by Arin Alex »

alonsomm2000

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 03:41:12 PM »
Dear,
     Alex

Thank you for correcting the bug in currencyUSBasedFormat function is now working correctly, you Limereport is getting better and better every day, good job, how ever I found an other bug in Lime Report Designer (Developer branch) and that is:

1. Open a report in Design mode, add some Text items to Report Footer with some English words
2. Click Preview in Lime Report Designer, every thing look fine!
3. Exit Preview mode, click on Translations tab and add translation to Russian or any other language to one of the Text items, save it.
4. Close Lime report Designer
5. Open report in Preview mode, translations show correctly, so far so good  ;), close report.
6. Open report in Design mode, change the text in any of the Text items created before translating.
7. Click Preview, you will see that the text in Text items is the same that was when you translate, any new Text items will show fine but old Text items will not update  :'(

Have a great day.

Regards,
          Luis Murillo.

Arin Alex

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 05:02:32 PM »
Hi.
Do you use 1.4.102 ?
If you use 1.4.102 and the problem still exists, try to remove all content between <translation Type="Translation"> and </translation> in the lrxml by hand and create the translation again.

alonsomm2000

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 10:11:39 PM »
Yes, I am using version 1.4.102, I try as you suggeted removing the transalation band and then add the translations again in Lime report Designer but same thing happen, after adding translations you can not modify any Text item content, because if you do so changes will not show unless you delete the Text item and recreate it (this is better than deleting the whole translation band) but still an annoying bug, so when ever you have a chance it will be great if you can fix this bug, so the translations feature will working 100% correctly!

Regards,
         Luis Murillo.

Arin Alex

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 10:50:14 PM »
Yes, i see it. I will fix it as soon as possible.
Thanks

Arin Alex

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2018, 12:38:33 PM »
I have fixed the translation. Check it please.

alonsomm2000

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2018, 08:38:58 PM »
Hi, Alex

Thank you for your quick reply, I just download and test and now when you open report in Design mode, make changes and then switch to preview it shows correctly (TextItems show last update) but the changes are not being saved to the .lrxml file so when you open the report in Preview mode it will show old data.

After Editing, Saving and checking the report with a simple text editor I found:

1. You create a Translation band.
2. For every single TextItem in the report you create a tag and this tag is used to get the data to print or preview the report.

I have not check your code in deep but my suggestions to solve the translation problem will be:

1. For preview or print pull text from original TextItem tags, Only add tags in translation band for translated and checked TextItems and if the TextItem is edit it, remove the translation tag (because they will have to translate the new text).

2. After editing any TextItem, look for the matching tag in the translation band and update SourceValue and Value to the new text and mark it with Checked="N" so they will have to re-translate.

Regards,
        Luis Murillo.

Arin Alex

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2018, 11:31:58 PM »
Hi, Luis

I have made some new changes.
It seems all will be alright after that :)
Check it please.

I will think about your suggestion but it will take some time :) 

alonsomm2000

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2018, 02:45:11 AM »
Dear,
    Alex

Good job, we are getting there, but now non translated items change after you update them, but translated items get unchecked from translations when modified but on print or preview they still show previous translation text, it seems to me that your idea was that Text items with Checked=true were meant to used to translate a field the problem is Limereport is ignoring that field and is pulling all the text from the translation band even if Checked=false, so if you do not update the content of SourceValue and Value in the translation band it will always show old translations after updating any translated field.

Regard,
      Luis Murillo.

Arin Alex

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2018, 11:12:43 PM »
Hi, Luis.
I have made new changes in the translations :)
As you suggested, limereport will write only translated values and will show only checked translations
Check it please ;)

alonsomm2000

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2018, 06:01:22 PM »
Dear, Alex

Greetings, I just download, compile and test Limereport Developer ver. 1.4.102 and can only say you did an amazing job, congratulations now we can say Limereport have 100% working translations  :), thank you very much. if you ever visit Costa Rica (Arenal Volcano area) please contact me, I will invite you for Lunch or dinner.

Note: There is only one little detail to make it perfect:
In LimeReport designer, Reportpage1 tab area do not cover full height available.  :(
In LimeReport designer, Script tab area cover full height available.   :)
In LimeReport designer, Translation tab area do not cover full height available.  :(

Regards,
        Luis Murillo.

Arin Alex

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2018, 12:36:16 AM »
It`s very strange.
At the attached screenshot how it looks for me